Saturday, October 8, 2016

The Devils Bedstead: October 10th, 2015

Boulder Creek
It was late October and the mountain lake fishing went south, what do you do? You climb an 11,000ft peak. The Devils Bedstead has always intrigued me and I think it because I have more appreciation for peaks that aren't over 12,000ft since they get climbed all the time. I like to do things that many people don't end up doing and even though the Bedstead is one of the more popular peaks in the Pioneers nobody was going to climb it this time of year. I was definitely cautious on this hike because of the snow. I was ready to turn back at any moment if I felt like  the climbing was not safe. With that being said, everything went smoothly and I was able to climb it in a respectable time. From the trailhead to the top it took me 3 hours and 9 minutes without really pushing myself. I would highly recommend this hike to anyone, the mountain itself looks a lot harder and technical from the valley but once your up there it's not too bad.
Top of Devils Bedstead

Looking toward Wildhorse

Kane Creek

Devils Bedstead 



No comments:

Post a Comment