Friday, October 21, 2016

Langer Lakes: June 18th, 2016

I was hoping to hit some new lakes this summer and I wanted to start out with Langer Lakes. I heard about these lakes last year when one of the lakes were producing some decent size fish, pushing 20 inches. So when I got a free weekend I hit the road and wandered up to Stanley.
Langer Lake

Ruffneck Lake

Langer Lakes is actually a really short hike but with all the lakes in the surrounding area, I thought I would stay the night at Langer Lake and hike around to the others. I believe on Fish and Games Website they stated that all the lakes have been stocked and they continue to stock them however I found this not to be true. Out of Langer, Ruffneck, Island and Rocky Lake, only Langer and Ruffneck Lake held fish and both of them were tough fishing.
Ruffneck Lake

Island Lake

Langer lake held true to its reputation of having big fish, the first fish that I had on was probably 18 inches but he broke me off before I could land him. Ruffneck lake contained more fish but still wasn't up to par with my usual high mountain lake standards. Out of all the lakes that I was most disappointed in was Rocky, Rocky lake is supposed to have a lot of cutthroats but when I went to the lake and looked around the Southeast side of the lake no fish were seen and none were jumping. I would probably do this hike again in the future however I would go up to the Ruffneck Lookout that's only 1 to 2 miles away.
Island Lake

Ruffneck Lake

Langer Lake

Rocky Lake



No comments:

Post a Comment