Saturday, October 8, 2016

Smyer Challenge: August 22nd, 2015

Moose Lake
I was finally able to talk Jusitn into attempting the Smyer Challenge with me. It took me awhile to convince him but I told him that the fishing and the views will outweigh the 13 mile hike.  
Fall Creek

Fall Creek Lake

I had just came off of a trip to Lake X where I didn't catch or really saw anything so I was excited to do this trip and get into some fish. I really don't mind the hike up Fall Creek because its one of my favorite places to go. I love the remoteness of it and the pristine lakes that Fall Creek has to offer. It also holds a lot of thick pockets of tall tress, its just something about Fall Creek that is hard to explain something so beautiful.
Fall Creek Lake #2

Fall Creek Lake #2

We really didn't watch the clock throughout the day since Justin hasn't been to the majority of those lakes but he did complete the challenge and was able to catch a fish at every lake and make it back to the trailhead in under 12 hours. I would have to say though that he struggled big time at Fall Creek Lake since the goldens are so skittish their. It was great experience to be able to share this beautiful place and look forward to the next time I head back there.
Angel Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment