Friday, October 14, 2016

National Parks Roadtrip


Yosemite Falls, YNP
I almost like being behind a few months on my blog because I get to look back on all the adventures and great moments that I had. Once the winter season was winding down a few of my friends and I decided to take a month-long road trip to warmer weather. Don't get me wrong I loved skiing, however, it's not as fun when it stops snowing and you keeping doing the same run over and over the whole year. 
Arches National Park

Arches National Park

Arches National Park

Arches National Park

So for our road trip, we decided on a route that I have been wanting to do for a few years that included hitting a number of National Parks. After some intense planning, we finally dialed in the logistics and figured out where we would be going and what we would be doing each day as well as the cost of the trip.
Canyonlands National Park

Canyonlands National Park

Kanarraville Falls

Kanarraville Falls

The trip included hitting 10 National Parks (Arches, Canyonlands, Capital Reef, Bryce Canyon, Zions, Sequoia, Kings Canyon, Yosemite, Redwood and Crater Lake) and a few major cities ( Las Vegas, San Francisco, and Bend). We kept the trip really cheap by splitting the gas, buying an Annual National Parks pass that cost $80, never paid for camping and camped out every night, packed and cooked our own food. We may have been cheap but some days we ate out, usually in the big cities we would eat locally. I believe I spent about $700, which I thought was pretty cheap for the amount of things that we did and saw all within a month.
Bryce National Park

Bryce National Park

Angels Landing, ZNP

Las Vegas

I thought a month-long trip was just right, it wasn't too short and I feel like I could have gone longer but it was probably a good idea to stop since we were all getting on each other's nerves. For example, a few days for the trip ended my two friends got in a fight over a card game.
Marble Falls, SNP

Sequoia National Park

Sequoia Trees, SNP

Half Dome, ZNP

What I learned from this trip is how simple life can be. I didn't get on my phone or Ipad and because I didn't have too. I had time to relax and enjoy the little things in life like reading a book or going for a walk or just simply talking to other people face to face. It was also great that on this trip you only took the essentials that you needed since we didn't have any room for other things. It really made life easy and made you appreciate the little things.
Zion National Park

San Francisco 

Giants Game

West Coast

I absolutely loved this road trip and look forward to the next one. I was going to take a road trip before I started my next job if I wasn't going to Chile, I guess its a fair trade. I think that I will go on a road trip in April or May and I'm thinking of heading North, Canada or Alaska?
Skinny Dippers



No comments:

Post a Comment