Friday, October 14, 2016

A Winter In The Valley of the Sun

The Burn
When I was going to college I knew that I needed to get my Bachelors Degree and then I could do anything that I wanted that made me happy so this winter I did just that. Instead of following the conventional route and using my degree, at the last second I accepted a minimum wage job at Sun Valley Resort.

It was by far one of the best decision yet. I finally stepped outside of my comfort zone and started living life. I met many new friends and had lots of new experiences. At the beginning of the season, I didn't know how to ski and haven't skied since I was four or five years old but with help from my friends and working at the ski resort I changed that. I had two main goals at the end of the year, I wanted to be able to ski a double black diamond and be able to ski powder. I was able to accomplish those goals as well as more.
Snowbasin

Snowbasin

At my College graduation the person that spoke to us, read a  quote that said: "Life begins when you step out of your comfort zone". I have definitely taken that quote to heart. As much as I miss the feeling of not going back to Sun Valley this winter I look forward to this winter at Grand Targhee and the experiences that I will have there.
That's why you ski bum, because it's all upside with no cost. You might win big, you might not, but you won't lose. You ski bum because nobody should take themselves seriously for a lifetime. And the powder. As wrong as I was about so many things at 22, I was right about that.--Christopher Steiner

No comments:

Post a Comment