Thursday, October 2, 2014

The Summer That All Other Summers Will Be Compared Too








"Mountains are not Stadiums where I satisfy my ambition to achieve, they are the cathedrals where I practice my religion…I go to them as humans go to worship. From their lofty summits I view my past, dream of the future and, with an unusual acuity, am allowed to experience the present moment…my vision cleared, my strength renewed. In the mountains I celebrate creation. On each journey I am reborn."--Anatoli Boukreev


"It's kind of like the quest for the holy grail, who gives a shit what the grail is, it's the quest that is important. The transformation is within yourself, that's what's important."--Yvon Chouinard
"The Mountains are calling and I must go."--John Muir





"If I'm in the mountains, I'm not worrying about anything else."--Ueli Steck




"Wander a whole summer if you can. Time will not be taken from the sum of life. Instead of shortening, it will definitely lengthen it and make you truly immortal."--John Muir




"Every single one of us possesses the strength to attempt something he isn't sure he can accomplish."--Scott Jurek




No comments:

Post a Comment