Sunday, May 22, 2016

River of No Return 50K: June 21st, 2015

Another year doing the RONR 50K, last year was the first year of the race and I wanted to do the race every year that they held it so this year I signed up again. I've noticed that signing up for doing ultra marathons keeps me motivated to stay fit and to continue to go out and run in the winter season. I feel like this year for the race I was better prepared and had the advantage of knowing what to expect since I ran it last year.

The race went really well and I seemed to pace myself much better then last year. I actually surprised myself and was running up some of the hills as well as finished really strong at the end which I seem to not do so well at many races but nonetheless I finished in a time of 6 hours and 16 minutes which is 35 minutes faster then last year. I also placed 50 overall. Another RONR and another ultra is in the books.
My watched died just before I finished the race

No comments:

Post a Comment